In this article, we're going to cover how to create your (first) workspace. We're going to start with the definition of a workspace and will end with the creation of a workspace plus editing options of your workspace.
But before we start, we would like to highlight a few things:
- Currently, you can analyze feedback received through the following products in Insights: GetFeedback Digital for Web Buttons & Campaigns, In-Page and GetFeedback Digital for Apps Campaigns. GetFeedback Digital for Emails feedback is not available at this time.
- You do not need to create new campaigns for them to appear in Insights. Insights will sync all of your campaigns from GetFeedback Digital. Note: currently, Campaign data is only available from 5 April 2019, In-Page data from 23 June 2020, Button data from 1 October 2020 and App passive data from 24 November 2020.
- A workspace can - for the time being - only be created and deleted by users with the role of Administrator. For now, you will have to be an Administrator within your current GetFeedback Digital-account to be an Administrator within Insights. Also, an Administrator within Insights will have access to all workspaces, whereas, in the current GetFeedback Digital account, it's possible to give an Administrator only access to specific feedback buttons (and thus, campaigns). Anyone who is provided access to a workspace will be able to edit all of the charts within that workspace.
- For now, nothing that you do in Insights will affect any of your campaigns or data in GetFeedback Digital.
This Guide consists of:
- What is a workspace?
- How to structure a workspace?
- Create a workspace in 4 easy steps:
- Edit a workspace
- Delete a workspace
What is a workspace?
So, what is a workspace? A workspace is an environment that allows you to combine and segment responses in any way that fits your organization. You can create a workspace based on a structure that is appropriate to your teams, your goals and the insights that you want to share with your stakeholders. Want to combine the Responses coming from different channels? No problem. Different languages? No problem. Different platforms? No problem! In a workspace, you can select the data, add visualizations, filter the data, read the relevant responses and act upon the responses.
How to structure a workspace?
Before you create a workspace, we recommend thinking about how you best want to visualize your data from the existing campaigns that you are running in GetFeedback Digital. Think of what the key goal is and have this in mind as the title of your workspace. See more tips about how to structure your workspace.
Create a workspace in 4 easy steps
Step 1: Create a new workspace
You create a workspace by clicking on "New Workspace" on the top-left of your screen:
Step 2: Give your workspace a name
On top of the following page, you'll be able to give a name and description to your new workspace. Giving it a name is mandatory but the description is optional.
Step 3: Select the forms that you want to use in your workspace
Now, click on "Continue". There, you will be able to select the forms you want to use in your workspace:
1. Search bar to quickly find the campaign forms you want to use in your workspace. It's also possible to sort the different forms alphabetically (ascending and descending).
2. Sort your forms based on which GetFeedback product they were created in
3. Sort your forms based on creation dates.
4. Sort your forms based on status (inactive or active).
Step 4: Set your permissions
Once you’ve chosen the forms that you want to analyze in your workspace, the next step is to select who you want to provide access to your workspace. By default, a workspace will be made public to all GetFeedback Digital users within your organization, whether these users are an Administrator or not. So, by default, non-admins will also have access to any workspaces that are created in Insights. When new users are added to GetFeedback Digital (such as when a new employee joins your company), they will also automatically have access to any public workspaces within Insights.
However, the choice is yours. If you would like users to only have access to data that is relevant to them, you can apply restricted permissions to specific users in a workspace. When you decide to restrict access, only the creator of the workspace and GetFeedback Digital admins will have the right to edit the title, forms, and permissions within the workspace. For now, you can apply "Can edit data" rights to users that you would like to provide access to your workspace. Please see below:
Great stuff! If you made it up until here, you have created your workspace. Now, let's populate it with data by following our guide on "How to create a chart".
Edit a workspace
Let's say you have created your workspace, but, there's something missing. That one thing. That one campaign form you wanted to select isn't in your selection or maybe the description is not clear enough. This is where the editing options of the workspace come in.
To view the available editing options of your workspace, click on the three dots in the top right corner:
Administrators of your account will have the following options after opening the edit menu:
- Edit form selections: want to add or exclude specific forms from your workspace? As an administrator, you can either select the "Edit Form Selection" option from the "Forms" filter or select the "Edit form selections" option by clicking on the three dots. Either option will take you back to the relevant step in the workspace creation wizard.
- Edit title and description: if you want to change the title or description of your workspace, select the "Edit name and description" option from the three dots. This will take you back to the relevant step in the workspace creation wizard.
- Edit permissions: if you want to change who has access to the workspace, select the "Edit permissions" option from the three dots. This will take you back to the relevant step in the workspace creation wizard, where you can either restrict access or provide access to all GetFeedback Digital users in your company by selecting "Public" access option.
- Duplicate a workspace: To make a copy of a workspace, select Duplicate workspace from the three dots, and enter a new name for it. Your new workspace will include the same forms, permissions, tiles, and saved filters as the workspace you duplicated.
Note: Only an Administrator can edit a workspace.
Delete a workspace
Oh, snap, the workspace you created is not correct and you would like a reset? Not to worry, for this and other scenarios where you'd want to delete the workspace you have created, we have the "Delete workspace" option.
The "Delete workspace" option can be found under the three dots in the top right corner of your workspace:
- 1. Click on the three dots.
- 2. Select Delete workspace.
Note: Only an Administrator can delete a workspace.
Awesome: By completing this guide you have a great understanding of how a workspace can be created, edited and deleted. Don't let us stop you there! Click here to see an overview of all the available Support articles we have created for Insights. Whether you'd like to know how to create a chart within a workspace, how to use the filters in your workspace or if you'd like to know more about the visualization options we have available for your charts, we got you covered!