This guide consists of:
- What is the integration about?
- Who is it for?
- Steps to set it up
- Where can you find it?
- Selecting the Data
- Selecting the Conditions - Selecting the Details
What is the integration about?
The Webhooks integration is connected to the Automation Manager and empowering organizations to automatically push responses to the system of preference. By making use of conditional logic you are able to set criteria on which data needs to be pushed.
It'll give you the ability to integrate GetFeedback data with several external systems to allow for a centralized overview of CX, behavioral, and operational datasets, as well as, scale up the CX strategy by automating the distribution of feedback data to stakeholders in their daily products.
The former Webhooks integration is connected to the GetFeedback Digital data. With the new integration we cover all collected data of Getfeedback, whether this is captured on web, in-app, via email, chat or SMS.
Who is it for?
It'll be ideal for customers who merge feedback data with behavioral or operational data in external systems like their own data warehouses, Tableau, Power BI, Zendesk, Hubspot, etc. and for those who share feedback data with stakeholders through external systems like Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Push responses into a BI app for analysis
- Create tickets in a support system,
- Integrate with task automation and integration vendors like Zapier and Segment
Steps to set it up
Where can you find it?
In Insights, select the 'Automations' option (1.) from the left menu and then click 'New Automation' (2.)
On the following page, you can give your Automation a unique title (1.) and then select 'Webhook' from the two options below. Then, click 'Continue to Data' (3.) to progress to the next page.
Selecting the data
On the next page, you can select all the forms, campaigns or widgets that you'd like to include in the integration (1.). The data from these will be pushed to the 3rd party tool you're using. Once you're satisfied, you can click 'Continue to Conditions' (2.) to move on to the next page
Defining the conditions
Here, you can set up the conditions, based on which the data will be pushed to your 3rd party tool. You can either decide to push data after every feedback item or specify the under what conditions the data should be pushed. In the 'Data source' drop-down, you can choose from 3 options:
- an answer: if you'd like to push the data based on an answer your user gave to a question in your form/survey/widget
- a custom variable: if you're collecting custom variables from your data layer and would like to push the data based on one of those
- a URL: URL's are collected by default on our end and you can push data based on specific ones as well
Then, you can select the actual question or custom variable in the 'Answer to' drop-down:
- if you selected 'an answer' in the previous field, then you'll be able to select all the questions found in your form/survey/widget based on which you'd like to push data
- if you selected 'a custom variable' in the previous field, you can add the name of the variable based on which you'd like to push data
- if you selected 'a URL' this field will not show as it's not necessary
You can then choose between the below two logic operators, depending on the options you selected in the previous field:
- is any of
- contains any of
- is not empty
Lastly, you can select the values that need to match for the data to be pushed. The look of this field will depend on what you selected in the 'Answer to' drop-down:
- Mood Rating
- Rating element
- Open Text field: for this, you'll see an input field where you can enter the keywords. Press 'Enter' or 'return' after each answer you put in
- Single & multi-choice questions (Radio & Checkbox elements): for this, you'll be able to choose the values from a drop-down
Defining the details
On the last page you'll be able to enter the destination URL, that will receive the data after it's pushed. This is generated by the app or website that will receive data. The payload received will be in JSON format.
You'll also need to define a destination title, which can be easily recognized:
You also have the optional step to add some description to your integration, which will be pushed to the destination URL:
Finally, click 'Save' and your Automation is now created and is available on the 'Automations' page.
The Automation is not activated by default, therefore, you'll need to first activate it on the Automations page to start pushing the data to the destination URL.
Any questions? Feel free to react out to our Support team at email@example.com.