With the latest update, you can now view your open text feedback in your workspace alongside your aggregated scores through a side panel. The list of responses is ordered by date (from newest to oldest) and clicking on an individual response will show all questions/answers that the specific user provided, along with the metadata & custom variables.
This feature will help you understand the whole context of your responses, identify correlations between them and bring insights into the root cause of issues.
Responses side panel view
When the Responses Explorer is first loaded in your workspace, the first default view you will see is the First Open Answers view. It contains:
- the number of responses overall. This number is affected by the filters you have applied to your workspace
- the Mood score alongside each response. This provides a visual way for you to identify unhappy customers
- the submission date of the response, which is displayed in the timezone of your browser
- 3 quick views that you can choose from (see below)
Quick views & filters
You can choose from 3 quick views at the moment:
- First open answers: this is the default view. If you have multiple Open Text questions in the same form, the answers from the first question will be shown in this view. It excludes empty answers.
- All open answers excl. empty: this view contains responses submitted through all of the Open Text elements within the forms added to your workspace excluding the empty answers.
- All open answers incl. empty: this view is the same as the one above but it includes the empty answers as well.
You also can choose between 3 score/choice filters, depending on the element(s) the feedback item contains. These will appear as icons in each feedback item the side panel contains, as long as they contain one of the 3 available elements:
Aside from the above, you can further customize the content of the side-panel and drill-down on your responses using any of the filters available in your workspace.
You can access the detailed view by hovering over and simply clicking on the individual response you'd like to know more about. An arrow is also displayed when hovering over it to indicate that you can click on it. After clicking on it, you'll have 2 tabs to choose from: Full response & Metadata.
Full Response tab
This tab contains all the answers the user has provided to other questions in the form, along with the open text answer.
This tab contains the metadata associated with the response, which includes customer variables and some technical information. Technical details that can be collected include:
- Device type
- Submitted - set to false when it's an unsubmitted response
- Network connection (mobile)
- Orientation (mobile)
- Battery (mobile)
Any questions? Feel free to react out to our Support team at email@example.com.