In this article, we will focus on saved searches. We will talk about what they are and how you can set them up. We’ll also talk about how to set up email notifications based on these saved searches.
In this guide we’ll go over:
- What are saved searches?
- How do I set them up?
- Managing your saved searches
- Enabling the feature 'Send me an email for every new feedback response'
What are saved searches?
When you apply filtering options to your feedback items, you’re actually searching for specific feedback items. You might not have thought about it like that before, but in essence, that’s what filtering means. This also means that when you then save that filter, you end up with a saved filter. Here at Usabilla, we call this a saved search.
You can then use this saved search to quickly filter out the relevant feedback the next time you log into your Usabilla account. It simply makes sure you don’t have to apply the same filtering options every time you want to look at specific feedback. Feedback from a specific button, for example.
When setting up a saved search, you are given the option of receiving an email whenever a new feedback item is created that matches your search criteria. Administrators can also assign this saved search to the account of (several) team member(s) with an own Usabilla account.
How do I set them up?
Now that you know what a saved search is, let’s take a look at setting them up. Please follow the following steps.
- Log into your Usabilla account, select Websites in the top-left navigation and open the Feedback section.
- Now filter your feedback by relevant criteria. For example: show all feedback items received via a specific feedback button. Or all feedback items with a negative mood rating. It’s totally up to you.
- Now click on “New Save Filter”.
Please see below:
You’ll now be presented with the following pop-up:
1. Give your saved search a unique name.
2. Decide if you want to assign the saved search to your account or to your account and the team account of a team member. It's possible to assign the saved search to multiple team members by adding multiple email addresses, divided by a comma.
Mind you: if you decide to assign a saved search to a Usabilla account of a team member, that team member will also receive a saved search under her/his account. Should you decide to delete that saved search, this saved search will also need to be deleted under the account of the team member.
3. Decide if you (and, if chosen, your team member) want to receive email updates for your search. If not, then your saved searches will simply function as handy tools to quickly filter your feedback items (see paragraph 1). In that case, you can save your saved search now.
4. If you want to receive email updates, decide if you want to receive extended emails in HTML or minimalistic emails in plain text.
5. If you chose for extended emails, decide if you want to receive public links in these emails. Public links are hyperlinks which you can share with people without a Usabilla account. These public links will contain information about the feedback item(s).
6. Decide how many feedback items you want to receive per email. You can choose between 1 email per feedback item received within the frequency chosen under point 7 or simply all feedback items received within that frequency.
7. Select the frequency.
Don’t forget to save!
Managing your saved searches
1. To manage your saved searches click on your username in the top right corner and go to “Account Settings”.
2. Select “Live Mail Settings”. Click on any of your saved searches to edit the name, frequency, and the time when the email update is sent. You can also delete your saved search if you no longer need them.
Enabling the feature 'Send me an email for every new feedback response'
Under this tab ("Live Mail Settings"), you can also enable the option ‘Send me an email for every new feedback response’. This feature is not related to the saved searches. It simply makes sure that you’ll receive a separate email for every new feedback item coming through your feedback buttons, regardless of any of your saved searches. These emails will be sent to the email address of your account.