In order to provide you with the option to analyze and share your data outside of Workspaces, we have added the option to export the Feedback in your Workspaces. In this article, I will go over how this export functionality can be used, what file formats we offer and the 'Export Menu'.
Note: Exports can only be made by users with the Administrator role. If you're able to create a new Workspace, your account has the Administrator role assigned to it.
Creating your export
- To start of the export process, select the 'Exports' button in the Workspace you would like to export the data from:
Tip: Any filters you have applied to your Workspace will be reflected in the export. This is a great way of managing the data that will be included in your export.
- After clicking the 'Exports' button, the Export Menu will appear. If you have created exports before, this menu will display the 5 last exports that were created and they can be downloaded with one simple click. If you haven't created exports before or if you would like to create a new export, simply select the 'New Export' button:
Note: The Export Menu will display the exports that were generated for the specific Workspace you're in. Also, the previously generated exports will be available for 90 days.
- When the 'New Export' button is selected, you will be presented with some options for your export:
File name: This option allows you to set a name for the export file that will be generated.
File format: This option allows you to select in what format your export file will be delivered. You have the option to select between an XLSX (Excel) file or a CSV file.
Merge questions with the same identifier: This option allows you to merge the responses of questions with the same value in one column. For example, if your Workspace contains 3 forms with each a 'Comment' field with the value 'How_can_we_improve', this option allows you to consolidate the responses of this field into one column.
- Once you have set the options for your export, you can start the creation process of your export by selecting 'Create':
- After selecting 'Create', you will notice that the 'Exports' button changes to a spinner to indicate that an export file is being generated:
- While the export is being generated, you can continue working in Workspaces. Once your export is generated, you can click on the 'Exports' button and your export will be ready to be downloaded by clicking on the download icon:
Awesome: By completing this guide you will be able to create exports in GetFeedback Digital Workspaces. Don't let us stop you there! Click here to see an overview of all the available Support articles we have created for Workspaces. Whether you'd like to know how to create a workspace, how to create a chart in your workspace or if you'd like to know more about the filter options we have available for your workspaces, we got you covered!