Usabilla Benchmarking is powered by a smart algorithm that ensures the displayed data in the Benchmarking section is representative and anonymous. We took the following measures to ensure that your data security is not compromised when using Usabilla Benchmarking. Although these measures increase the statistical relevance of the Benchmarking scores, Usabilla Benchmarking should not be used as a statistically significant resource.
1. Data is consolidated into high-level industries
In order to make data anonymous and representative we grouped all Usabilla accounts participating in Benchmarking according to the industry they operate in. All Usabilla Benchmarking scores and statistics are shown per industry and cannot be traced back to individual Usabilla accounts, clients or websites.
2. Usabilla Benchmarking only shows scores for generic questions
By only including data from closed questions that are asked in the feedback form ensures that the feedback results included in the Usabilla Benchmarking scores are ample and that no recognizable feedback results are included. Usabilla Benchmarking contains the following information from feedback items:
- Emotional trendline
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) for Usabilla accounts that collect an NPS in their feedback form
- Browser types of users that give feedback
- Operating system of users that give feedback
- Device type of users that give feedback
3. Usabilla Benchmarking data always derives from sufficiently sized data sets
The Usabilla Benchmarking algorithm validates the data available for the aforementioned elements and ensures that all shown data is supported by a sufficient number of feedback results. The number of feedback results is considered sufficient if:
- A minimum number of Usabilla accounts is included in the industry or filtered data set.
- Each client collected a minimum number of eligible feedback items over the selected time period
4. Data is only shown to clients who opted-in for Benchmarking and collected the same data
Usabilla Benchmarking only shows feedback data to users who agree to include their own data in the Benchmarking section. Our algorithm ensures that the account's own data is never included. Furthermore clients will only see Usabilla Benchmarking data from the day they started using Usabilla and for questions they include in the feedback items themselves. So if a user does not include an NPS-question in their feedback form, no NPS data will be shown.