In some cases, you will want to manually trigger a campaign. Manually triggering campaigns gives you the ability to trigger a campaign by for example clicking on a link or a button.
You enable the Manual Trigger by going to the ‘Visitor Targeting’ settings of your campaign. These settings can be accessed when you ‘Edit’ your campaign in the setup section.
Setting up the Manual Trigger in the settings
- Go to the campaign ‘Setup’ section when you are logged into Usabilla.
- Select your campaign and click on ‘Edit’
- Go to the ‘Visitor targeting’ section of your campaign by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Show your survey to certain visitors’
After you have enabled the manual trigger you will see the option to declare a name for your manual trigger.
Using the Manual Trigger in your page
There are several ways of using the manual trigger. Preferably you want to call the manual trigger when a certain event occurs. Examples of these kinds of events are:
- Clicking on a button
- Clicking on a link
- Closing a pop-up
Avoiding common pitfalls
- Make sure you use unique manual trigger names.
- Make sure you that you don’t trigger multiple campaigns at once.
- Make sure that you don't use events that trigger too often or trigger the same user.