Zapier enables you to integrate Usabilla with a wide range of other web application such as Salesforce, Google Apps and HubSpot. Through this integration, feedback items can automatically be uploaded to and processed in another web app.
For an up to date overview of apps supported by Zapier please click here.
Currently, it is only possible to push feedback to Zapier that derives from Usabilla Live for Websites. Campaign data and data from other Usabilla products (Live for Apps & In Page) will be available for integration with Zapier in the future.
In order to integrate web apps through Zapier, a subscription is required. Pricing details can be found here.
As Zapier serves many different apps, the setup process can vary slightly between applications. In the description below we connect Usabilla and Google Sheets as an example. We will automate the process of adding feedback items from Usabilla as a new row in a Google Sheets document.
In this guide we’ll go over:
- Setting up the Webhook in Zapier
- Setting up the Zapier integration in Usabilla
- Setting up the app where feedback is pushed to
What do you need:
- A Usabilla account
- A Zapier account
- An account for the app you want to connect (Google account in this example)
- A gummybear
Setting up the Webhook in Zapier
- Log into your Zapier account.
- Choose 'Make a new Zap!'.
- Choose or search for 'Webhooks by Zapier' as the Trigger app (Usabilla makes use of Webhooks to connect to Zapier).
- Choose 'Catch hook' as the trigger and click 'Save + Continue'.
Note: In the next step you can specify a Child Key to target from the object that is being sent to Zapier. This is optional and can be skipped by clicking 'Continue'.
- In the next step, Zapier will generate a custom webhook URL which we will be testing. Click 'Copy to clipboard'.
Setting up the Zapier integration in Usabilla
- Head over to your Usabilla account, navigate to the 'Live Integrations' via the 'Account Settings' and click on the Zapier logo.
Tip: If you're already logged in your Usabilla account, click here to go directly to the 'Live Integrations' tab.
- Select the button you want to integrate with Zapier and select which elements you would like to push to Zapier. Paste the webhook URL you've copied a few steps back in the URL field. Don't forget to check the 'Enable' box and hit Save.
Note: One Zapier integration per button. For another button, you can set up a new Zapier integration.
- Let's hop back to Zapier, here you will see the 'Ok, I did this' button waiting in anticipation. Click on it to test the webhook. Zapier will start looking for the webhook, which can take a few seconds. If the test has been successful, Zapier will notify you accordingly. Click 'Continue' to set up the next part of this integration.
Setting up the app where feedback is pushed to
- In the next part of the setup, we will be connecting the App where our feedback will be pushed to, which in this case is Google Sheets. Let's start by searching for Google Sheets and selecting it.
- Next up, choose what should be done when a feedback item has reached Google Sheets, in this case, 'Create Spreadsheet Row' and click 'Save + Continue'.
- It's time to connect the account of the Action App. Select 'Connect an Account'. A new window will appear where you can log in to (in this case) your Google account. Click on 'Test' after logging in. When the test is successful, the 'Test' button will change to a 'Success' button. Select 'Save + Continue' to proceed.
- Specify to what Spreadsheet and on which sheet the feedback should be pushed. Optionally, if you have different columns with names in the sheet, you can specify what part of the feedback is placed where. The columns will appear after selecting the worksheet.
Tip: Can't find the Spreadsheet or Worksheet you're looking for? Missing some of the Column names? Hit the 'Refresh Fields' button.
- The final test! In the Worksheet we've selected in the setup, Zapier will create a new spreadsheet row. Please check if the settings are correct and select 'Create & Continue'.
- After a successful test, select 'Finish' and your Webhooks by Zapier integration for Usabilla is ready to roll!
Well Done! You've finished the 'Integrations with Zapier' guide, this trophy is yours and yours only!