Web analytics are a great source for identifying where your users are getting stuck. The direct data they provide means you can drill down into the pages of your site that aren’t (or are!) converting. Combine this with the qualitative data GetFeedback Digital provides and you can:
- Get a thorough understanding of the why behind your quantitative analytics
- Measure feedback and campaign events directly from your analytics environment
- Create custom reports to show exactly how your users are interacting with GetFeedback Digital
- Improve your understanding of where to direct your optimization efforts
The Adobe Analytics integration allows you to measure Passive Feedback and Campaign Events within your Adobe Analytics environment. Additionally, you can link your feedback form questions and user replies to your metrics within Adobe Analytics. Simply follow the steps below to integrate with Adobe Analytics and take your first step in becoming a more data-driven organization today.
- Step 1: Setting up your Report Suite
- Create new Counter Events
- Setting up List Variables (Linking Feedback Questions & Answers)
- Step 2: Enabling your Adobe Analytics integration
- Step 3: Updating your Classification Data
- Download Classification File
- Template Download Classification
- File Import Classification File
Step 1: Setting up your Report Suite
Create new counter events
On this page, create new counter events for any of the following:
- Feedback Start
- Raised whenever a user clicks on the feedback button and starts the feedback process.
- Feedback Success
- Raised whenever a user successfully completes the feedback process
- Campaign Open
- Raised whenever a campaign activates for a user.
- Campaign Feedback
- Raised whenever a user starts the feedback process while a Boost campaign is active.
- Campaign Success
- Raised whenever a campaign is successful.
- For Boost and Recruit campaigns, this means the user clicked the button in the campaign window
- For Full-Screen Survey and Slide-Out campaigns, this means the user completed the form
- Campaign Close
- Raised whenever a user actively closes a campaign without successfully completing it. This is done by either clicking the close button or the cancel link (if it exists).
The name and description of the event can be anything you want.
Tip: Please note down which event number corresponds to which event as you will need this later.
If you want to access to the questions and answers of your feedback form(s) in Adobe Analytics, you will also need to set up a list variable. If you do not want to do this, please skip to step 2.
Setting up List Variables (Linking Feedback Questions & Answers)
Access the List Variables section of your report suite (‘Edit Settings’ > ‘Conversion’ > ‘List Variables’ ), enable an unused variable and give it a name.
Next, we’ll need to set up conversion classifications for this list variable (‘Edit Settings’ > ‘Conversion’ > ‘Conversion Classifications ). Under “Select Classification Type” choose the name you just gave to the list variable.
Here you can add classifications. The name of the classifications should correspond to the following field names in your GetFeedback Digital Account:
- Name of the feedback button
- Name of the feedback form
- The question text
- The answer text
You can add these fields in any order you’d like. It’s also possible to add a classification containing multiple fields by creating a classification containing all the fields’ names separated by a ‘>’. eg. if you want a classification containing both the question and the answer add a classification called ‘Question > Answer’.
Finally, we need to set up a classification hierarchy (‘Edit Settings’ > ‘Conversion’ > ‘Classification Hierarchies’ ). Here you can define how the different classifications ‘drill down’ into one another.
Again select the name of the list variable you created in the drop down and create your desired hierarchy by dragging and dropping the different classifications.
Step 2: Enabling your Adobe Analytics Integration
To enable the integration, log in to your GetFeedback Digital account, select the ‘Account Settings’ option from the menu in the top right and select the ‘Live integrations’ tab. Click on the Adobe Analytics logo to begin configuring your integration.
Select the events and list variables you configured in Step 1 and click the Save button. If you have configured the list variable continue onto Step 3, otherwise you are finished with the setup process.
Step 3: Updating your Classification Data
Download Classification File Template
We will need to upload the configuration data of your feedback forms to Adobe Analytics. To do this, head to the ‘Classification Importer’ of the ‘Admin’ section. Choose the ‘Download Template’ tab, and select your report suite and list variable from the drop downs to download the template.
Please note where the downloaded file is stored.
Now log in to your GetFeedback Digital account, click the ‘Setup’ tab in the ‘Live for Websites’ section and click on the name of the button you’ve enabled the integration for. You’ll be taken to the ‘Installation Instructions’ page for this button.
Download Classification File
At the bottom of the screen, a new Adobe Analytics integration section should be visible. If it isn’t, ensure the integration is enabled for this button in the ‘Account Settings’ section of the website (Step 2). You should now see an option to upload a file. Choose the template you downloaded earlier and click the ‘Download classification file’ option.
Import Classification File
Back in the Adobe Analytics environment in the ‘Classification Importer section’ click on the ‘Import File’ tab and again choose your report suite and the name of your previously selected list variable. Now select the file you just downloaded from the GetFeedback website for upload and click ‘Import file’
You are now finished setting up the classifications. However, any time you update the feedback form or any custom form you will need to repeat step 3 so the results in Adobe Analytics will remain accurate.
Congratulations, your Adobe Analytics integration should now be up and running! If you have any issues or queries, don’t hesitate to contact us.