Our integration with project tracking tool, JIRA, enables feedback items to be automatically (or manually) pushed to a specific project. This means you can easily push bugs or feature requests identified by your visitors to the teams responsible for solving them.
Pushing feedback to your JIRA project can also be very helpful for filling your Kanban board and prioritizing stories.
To integrate Usabilla and Jira, please follow the steps below.
- Ensure that you are using Jira Cloud in order to set up the integration. At the end of the page, you'll find more information on how to set up the integration for Jira on-premise instances.
- Open a new browser tab and go to http://app.usabilla.com
- Login into Usabilla with your credentials.
- Click on your username in the top-right corner and click on "Account Settings" in the drop-down.
- In the Account Setting, navigate to the Live integrations tab.
- Click the Jira logo at the of the page.
- Next, you will be prompted with a window for setting up your Jira integration.
- Select the button you would like to create the Jira integration for.
- Select when you would like Usabilla to push the feedback response:
- When the feedback response has an email address
- When the feedback response has a comment
- When the feedback response has an email address or comment
- Send all feedback responses
- Manual push
- Enter your Jira subdomain (e.g. https://[subdomain].atlassian.net).
- You do not need to include "https://" and ".atlassian.net".
- Use our tool to calculate the access token
- Enter your Jira username and password, we will store this encrypted.
- Please double check that you use your Jira username instead of the email address that you use to log in to Jira.
- Enter the preferred issue type (by default it's "Improvement").
- Issue types can be managed in Jira here: h
- Enter the Jira project key.
- This is the project name found capitalized on the top left, after logging in.
- Check "Enable" to activate the Jira integration for the selected button.
- You can always disable it later.
- Click save and your Jira integration is ready.
Manually Push Feedback
When you have selected manual push, you can find the Jira integration on every feedback details page (that belongs to the button you have activated the integration for). Click the "Jira" link like displayed in the image below and a bug will be issued in Jira for this feedback item. All necessary data will be included in the ticket.
You can always edit your integration later to change the configuration or to disable/enable the integration. Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you run into any questions or issues.
Integration with Jira on-premise/self-hosted instances
If you are using Jira on-premise you will need to provide access to the Usabilla servers in order to make the integration work. In many cases, your JIRA on-premise instance will be cut-off from the internet and will only be available when you are connected to the company network e.g. you can only access it when connected with the company VPN or when you are at the office.
To allow the Usabilla servers to connect to your Jira instance you will need to whitelist the IP addresses of the Usabilla Server. The Usabilla Server uses 3 IP addresses. You'll likely need to contact your network administrator to have these IP addresses whitelisted. Please contact your Usabilla contact person for the exact IP addresses and Ports that need to be whitelisted.
When setting up the integration you'll need to watch out for a couple of things. First, you'll need to make sure that you fill out all the fields correctly. In the screenshot below we highlight how each of the fields needs to be filled out. It's important that all the fields are filled out correctly since having the incorrect values can result in either the authentication for the integration being rejected or the push of the feedback being rejected.
Awesome, if all went well you've just set up an integration between your Jira instance and you Usabilla feedback button. To give you a basic idea of how the integration will look like we've added two screenshots below. One show you how the manually pushing of feedback within Usabilla will look like and one screenshot show you how feedback will look in your Jira environment that has been pushed to a Jira business project. The pushing of feedback works for both business- as well as software projects.
Tip: When setting up the integration you have several options for pushing feedback. In order to achieve the right amount of granularity in the pushed feedback, make sure you select a method for pushing feedback to Jira that fits the needs of your organization.