Welcome to Usabilla In-Page! This getting started guide will introduce you to In-Page and help you set it up.
In this guide we’ll inform you about:
After that we’ll help you with:
What do you need:
- A Usabilla account with access to Usabilla for Websites (In-Page is included)
- Access to the code of the page(s) you want to gather feedback
- A snack of your choice
What is Usabilla In-Page
With Usabilla In-Page you can integrate our feedback widget right in the middle of the content of your website. This allows you to gather very specific element,- or content-related feedback.
An In-Page widget looks like this:
Tip: Feel free to click on one of the options to see how In-Page works.
Where is Usabilla In-Page
You can find In-Page under the Usabilla for Websites. If you’re logged in Usabilla make sure you have ‘Websites’ in the top left corner and behold, under ‘Buttons & Forms’ and ‘Campaigns”, you will find ‘In-Page Widgets’.
Note: If you don’t have access to In-Page, contact your Customer Success Manager or get in touch.
Setup your In-Page widget
Let’s get active and start setting up your first widget to start collecting feedback!
- Click ‘Setup’ under ‘In-Page Widgets’ and select ‘New widget’
- Name your In-Page widget and either select an existing script to install the widget or add a new script Click continue
Note: At the end of the setup you will have two pieces of code:
- The code for the widget we’re creating, to make sure this specific widget is shown
- Edit the widget itself and the questions which appear after one of the first options is clicked
Tip: If you have a custom theme from Usabilla for Websites (for Forms or Campaigns) these can be selected under ‘Advanced’. The In-Page widget will automatically have your colors and style. If you don’t have a custom theme request one here.
- Happy with the changes you’ve made? Click ‘Save’!
Implement your In-Page widget
- To see the two pieces of code, click the install icon next to the name of your widget
Tip: If you’ve just finished creating a new widget, you’ll be automatically directed to this page.
- Select the code under ‘Script snippet’ and copy it
- Paste the code into the bottom of every page you want the widget to appear, just before the closing body tag (</body>)
- Select the code under ‘Widget code’ and copy it
- Paste the code in the section of the HTML where the widget should appear, on every page you want the widget to appear
Tip: When you are using a CMS make sure the Script snippet is installed in your main page template. Be consistent when implementing the scripts. So if you use GTM to implement your feedback button make sure you use GTM as well for the Script snippet.
- Don’t forget to Save all of the changes and test it out!
Well Done! You've finished the Getting started with Usabilla In-Page guide, this trophy is for you!