Connect Usabilla to your Google Analytics suite to your qualitative and quantitative customer insights, by activating our Google Analytics integration. You can let Usabilla automatically push events to Google Analytics – both the old style Google Analytics and the new Universal Analytics. To integrate Usabilla and Google Analytics, please follow the steps below.
Enabling the Integration
1. Make sure both Google Analytics and Usabilla for Websites run on your website. Open a new browser window and navigate to your Usabilla account settings.
2. Navigate to the live integrations tab and click the Google Analytics logo.
3. Select the button you would like to create the Google Analytics integration for and enable your integration. If you would like to integrate multiple buttons, just follow this process multiple times. Customize the event category if needed. By default this is "Usabilla Live". Later on we will use this category to create a custom report in Google Analytics. Click "Save" to add the integration.
4. The integration is now complete and custom events should be registered in Google Analytics now. Keep in mind that the data presented in Google Analytics is not real time and can have a delay of more than 30 minutes.
Adding your data to a report
5. We will now look into setting up a custom report, to display the Usabilla data within Google Analytics. First open login to your Google Analytics account.
6. Within Google Analytics click on the "Custom reporting" tab and after that on the "New custom report" button.
7. Enter a title for your custom report and enter a name for your report tab.
8. Add the following four metrics: Users, Unique Events, Pages / Session and Avg. Value.
9. Add the following Dimension drilldowns: Event category, Event action, Page and Event label.
10. Add a "Event Category" filter and Regex filter for "Usabilla Live"
11. Click "Save" and your report should be ready. Please note, as stated above that Google Analytics doesn't display their data in real time, so it can take a while before the report gets filled with data.
You can always edit your integration later to change the configuration or disable / enable the integration. If there is any other integration you are looking for, please let us know.
Google Analytics Events
1. Event Category – Defined in the Usabilla backend when setting up the integration
2. Event Action – A description of how the user interacted with Usabilla
3. Event Label – The comment submitted with the feedback item
4. Event Value – The mood rating score a user provided, 1 being the most negative score, 5 being the most positive score
The following actions are available to indicate how a user interacted with Usabilla on your website.
This event is fired every time someone clicks the feedback button
This event is fired every time a user successfully completes the feedback process. This event will also contain an event label with the comment the user entered. The event value will be 1 through 5 depending on which rating they chose.
This event is fired whenever a campaign is opened for the user. The event label will be the analytics identifier you can find in the campaign results page. (This identifier will only appear on the results page if you enable the Google Analytics integration)
This event is fired whenever the user clicks the close button of a campaign. The event label will be the analytics identifier just like in the Campaign:Open event.
This event is fired whenever a campaign is successful (the user clicked the button for boost/recruit campaigns or finished the survey). Just like the other campaign events the Event label will be the campaign’s analytics identifier.
This event is fired whenever a user clicks the feedback button when a boost campaign is active. Just like the other campaign events the Event label will be the campaign’s analytics identifier.
Google Analytics integration in combination with Google Tag Manager
- Login to Google Tag Manager.
- Go to your Google Analytics Tag.
- Edit your Google Analytics Tag by clicking the “Edit” icon.
- Scroll down to “More Settings” followed by “Advanced Configuration".
- Check the checkbox that says “Set Tracker Name” and leave the the field “Track Name” empty.
- Save your settings and exit.
By changing this setting you allow Usabilla to set the tracker name which in its turn allows the integration to work properly.