When collecting user feedback, at some point you will have the need to segment your feedback items in order to process them further. Segmenting your feedback items can be done through the left-hand filtering panel on the feedback page.
Standard filter options
- Status - The status of a feedback response can be “new”, “read”, or “archived”. You can change the status of a feedback item in the detail view. In order to open the detail view, simply click a feedback item in the overview.
- Rating - The rating is given by the person who gives feedback on a specific part of your website. The rating of a feedback item is obligatory. The rating scale includes four smileys and a heart, ranging from “hate” to “love”.
- Date - You can either filter your feedback responses by day, or any time range that is of particular interest to you.
- Labels - You can filter your feedback responses by custom labels. You can create and apply custom labels to your feedback items in the detail view.
- URL - You can filter all feedback responses by the URL of the web page where they were given.
- Comment - filter based on the open comment field responses.
- Options - You can also filter feedback responses by whether or not they include an email address or a comment.
- HTML Snippet - filter your feedback item on HTML snippets, id's and classes used in HTML elements. This way you can group feedback items given on identical website elements.
- Browser - browser type filter (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Platform - operating system / platform filter (e.g. Mac OSX, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Viewport - filter on the viewport of the browser window. The smaller viewports are most likely mobile devices.
- Tags - Tags are also given by the person who gives feedback. However, different than the rating, tags are optional.
Also see Setting Saved Searches and Email Notifications