Visitors may become annoyed and irritated if they are continually seeing your campaigns popping up all over your website, especially when they have already completed the campaign. This is why we have the option to only show a campaign once.
The "Do not bother more than once" option ensures that a specific campaign will only be shown to the visitor one time. This is regardless of how many pages the campaign has been attached to.
Setting up the "Do not bother visitors more than once" option
You can enable the "Do not bother visitors more than once" option by editing your campaign and changing the "Scheduling". Below you will find a step by step guide for enabling the "Do not both more than once" option:
- Go to http://app.usabilla.com
- Login into Usabilla with your Usabilla Account.
- In the left side menu click on "Setup" which can be found under "Campaigns".
- Find and click on the campaign for which you want to enable the option.
- The campaign info fold out, click on "Edit" which will take you to the Campaign Editor.
- In the Campaign Editor navigate to the third "Scheduling" step.
- To do so click on "Next".
- In the "Scheduling" step go to the last option.
- Tick the checkbox saying "Do no bother visitors more than once".
- Hit the green "Save" button in the top-right corner to save your changes.
Your campaign will now only show once to your visitors. The “Do not bother visitors more than once” feature uses a local storage object to see if a visitor should not be bothered. If the visitor of your page does not allow for local storage objects, moves to a different device or when the earlier created local storage object is deleted the visitor will be bothered long as the visitor matches the visitor targeting of your campaign. Disabling cookies in your browser can in some cases block the creation of a local storage object.