Usabilla for Websites can be implemented through Google Tag Manager(GTM). In this article, we will walk you through the process of implementing a Usabilla for Websites feedback button on your website.
You will need three things in order to implement the button on your website through GTM:
- A Usabilla (combi)code script, obtained by creating a button or from your Customer Success Manager
- A basic understanding of Google Tag Manager
- Access to Google Tag Manager
1. Let us start by opening GTM. Navigate to the container that is implemented on the page that you would like to implement Usabilla for Websites on.
2. Click New Tag at the top-left of the screen.
3. Name your tag at the top-left of the overlay and then click Tag configuration. Select the Custom HTML tag.
5. Select the Support document.write option directly below the input field.
Define triggers for your tag
6. Click Triggering to define on which pages your tag should be shown. You can decide to show your tag on all pages of your website (recommended) or you can exclude certain pages from seeing a feedback button. If available, you can select an existing trigger for your Usabilla tag or you can create a new one. Do make sure that your trigger is of the type Window loaded.
7. Once you defined your tag triggering, it's time to save your tag and publish the changes to your container to publish the Usabilla feedback button on your web page.
Feedback button structure
Keep in mind that our tool has been optimized for a one-time implementation. After implementing the GTM Usabilla tag, you will be able to control the feedback buttons, forms and surveys in your Usabilla account.
We recommend you to implement your feedback buttons across your entire website, as you can never anticipate when and where your user wants to provide feedback.
Typically, our customers use one desktop feedback button and one mobile feedback button per domain website. These desktop and mobile buttons can be combined into one script. Simply reach out and we will be happy to create the combined script for you.
Did you know that Usabilla for Websites and GTM your data layer make a great match? Find out more!