Usabilla feedback is available in realtime in your own Usabilla account. Besides this, Usabilla for Websites and Usabilla for Apps passive feedback can also be sent to your email. This way you can read your users' feedback without leaving your inbox. This article summarises the different ways and formats in which email reports can be provided.
A Usabilla account
Access to Usabilla for Websites or Usabilla for Apps
In this article we will lay out the following features:
- Usabilla for Apps: email individual items
- Usabilla for Websites: email individual items
- Usabilla for Websites: saved searches
- Usabilla for Websites: Automatic Exports
Usabilla for Apps: email individual items
In Usabilla for Apps - Passive feedback you can enable email notifications for each feedback form. Once enabled, each feedback item that comes in, will directly be sent to the specified email address. The feature can be enabled as follows:
1. Head to the Usabilla for Apps Setup page and edit your feedback form. If you do not have a feedback form yet, this article will help you.
2. In the form editor, click "Advanced". Check "I would like to receive email notifications". Then insert your email address. Besides your own email address, group email addresses or generic Slack email addresses can also be used. Once you save your feedback form, every new feedback item coming in through this form, will automatically be sent to the specified email address.
Usabilla for Websites: email individual items
Usabilla for Websites provides multiple ways of configuring email notifications. We will start with the quickest ways to receive all feedback in realtime, by enabling the email notifications for all feedback items.
This feature can be enabled in your account's live mail settings. Simply tick the box and save your changes to receive all newly incoming feedback items.
This feature will always adhere to your account permissions. This means that only the feedback to which your account has access will be included.
Usabilla for Websites: saved searches
If you are looking to only receive specific feedback, or if you would like your feedback to be aggregated in one email, saved searches are the way to go. They essentially allow you to filter your dataset and receive email notifications of the filtered dataset. Saved searches can do the following:
- Send all single feedback items in your filtered dataset periodically
- Send one email with all feedback items in your filtered dataset, periodically
Saved searches are so elaborate that we could write an entire article on it, so that's exactly what we did. Please have a look here for a detailed implementation guide on saved searches.
Usabilla for Websites: automatic exports
Through the auto-exports functionality you will be able to periodically email csv-exports to one or more email addresses, containing the latest feedback. These auto-exports will contain the unfiltered dataset to which the accounts from which they were setup has access. Automatic export emails can only be sent to email addresses that are registered for a Usabilla account.
You can setup auto-exports as follows:
1. Login to Usabilla and navigate to the Feedback page. Click the "Export" button at the top-right of the screen. Select "automatic export".
2. A modal window will open, which will allow you to enable automatic exports in 3 different ways. Enable the first option "Send CSV file via email". Then enter the email address(es) to which you would like to send your feedback and add a subject line for the emails. It's possible to enter multiple email addresses separated by a comma.
3. Next, specify a frequency for your auto-export emails. The frequency determines how often you will receive the emails and can range from hourly to weekly. The CSV files will always contain all feedback that came in since the previous email was sent.
4. Save your auto-export settings and wait for the emails to come in.
Any questions? Please reach out to our friendly support team.