In this article, we'll explain step-by-step how to enable 2-step verification for your Usabilla Account. Before reading this article make sure that you have the Google Authenticator App installed before you start.
Log in and go to the Account Settings
Login to your Usabilla Account and go to the Account Settings page. You can find the Account Settings page by either going here or by clicking on the link in the drop-down menu in the top-left corner that shows up when you click on your username.
Navigate to the Security tab
When you're in the Account Settings page you'll need to go to the "Security" tab. For reference see the screenshot down below:
Set up 2-step verification
In the Security tab, you'll see whether or not you have 2-step verification enabled or not. If it's turned off you can continue and click on the button at the bottom.
After clicking you'll be prompted to fill out your password. Fill in your current password and confirm by clicking on "confirm password".
Link your Authenticator App to your Account
Next, we'll be linking your Usabilla Account to your Authenticator app. On the screen, you'll see a QR code that you'll need to scan with your Google Authenticator app. To do so follow the steps down below
1. Open the app (if this is the first time opening the app click on the button at the bottom of the screen).
2. Next, you'll be asked to log into your Google Account. This is optional and you may skip this step.
3.Select "Scan a barcode" and allow the app to use your camera to scan the app.
4. Scan the barcode using the authenticator app and get ready to enter the 6-digit code.
4. After scanning you'll see that your Usabilla account has been added to your Google Authenticator app. Take the 6-digit code and type it in the input field.
5. Click on the green button labeled "Enable". After clicking on this button you'll have linked your Google Authenticator App with your Usabilla account.
6. If you've already used the Google Authenticator App you can add new codes by using the "+" button on the top-right (iPhone) or bottom-right (Android) corner.
Backup codes and Fallback SMS
After linking your account you'll be redirected to the final page of enabling your 2-step verification. On this page, you'll be able to set up a fallback SMS number and you'll be able to download backup codes.
Note: If you lose your 2-Step Verification device, Usabilla Support cannot unlock your account for security reasons. Make sure to use one of the two backup options.
By providing a fallback SMS number, Usabilla can send your 2-step authentication codes to an alternative device. If you lose access to both your primary device and your backup codes, a backup SMS number can get you back into your account.
Backup codes are used to access your account if you lose your 2-Step Verification device and cannot access your codes. When you generate and download new backup codes your old codes won't work anymore.