With Decibel Insight you can playback website visitor sessions, create heat maps and analyze your forms. Integrating Usabilla for Websites and Decibel Insight will help you to identify the most valuable tracked sessions.
How does the integration work?
The Decibel Insight - Usabilla integration is a two-way integration that can push information from Decibel to Usabilla and vice versa.
1. Send Decibel Insight Session IDs to Usabilla
A Decibel Insight Session ID will be included in your Usabilla feedback items and Campaign results. If you have the Decibel browser plugin installed and you're are logged into Decibel, the Session ID will then automatically become a clickable link to the session recording.
2. Send Usabilla data to Decibel Insight
The following interactions with Usabilla will be pushed to Decibel Insight:
- Feedback Open - when a visitor clicks the feedback button
- Feedback Success - when a visitor submits a feedback item. The Mood score will be sent to Decibel as well.
- Campaign Open - When a visitor sees a campaign. The campaign's Analytics ID will be sent to Decibel as well.
- Campaign Success - When a visitors submits a campaign response. The campaign's Analytics ID will be sent to Decibel as well.
Within Decibel, it's possible to set up Segments based on these interactions. You can, for instance, create a Segment for sessions during which visitors left negative feedback through Usabilla or a Segment for visitors that have filled in a Usabilla campaign.
Setting up the integration
The integration set up is a three-step process:
- Implement the integration script
- Enable the integration of the Decibel Insight platform
- Create Segments in Decibel Insight
1. Implement the integration script
The following script should be loaded after the regular Usabilla button script, on all pages where Decibel and Usabilla for Websites are both implemented:
2. Enable the integration in the Decibel Insight platform
- Log into Decibel Insight
- Navigate to Settings and then integrations
- Click the VoC tab
- Click Usabilla
- Check the box 'Usabilla Enabled' and click Save
3. Set up Segments in Decibel Insight
Now that the integration has been set up, we can filter out session recordings and heatmaps in Decibel based on Usabilla events. In order to do this, you can create Segments.
Setting up a Segment that only contains session in which a visitor left negative feedback through Usabilla can be set up as follows.
- Log into Decibel Insight
- Navigate to Segments
- Click 'Add Segment'
- Insert a name, for instance: 'Usabilla - negative feedback submitted'
- Click 'Add filters'
- Click 'Integrations'
- Choose the relevant dimension, in this case, 'Usabilla Mood Score'
- Choose 'one of' as the operator and set 1, 2 and 3 as the values
- Click 'Save changes'
- Repeat this process for other Segments you want to create.
- When you have created a new Segment it takes time before this has been processed and applied to existing sessions.
Negative feedback submitted