Welcome to Usabilla for Apps. To get you started quickly, we outlined the steps necessary to implement Usabilla for Apps into your application. For the actual implementation, we offer developers' documentation on our Github pages. In this guide, we aim to cover the non-technical side of the implementation and we will provide you with a high-level overview of the technical implementation.
Let's start with the requirements needed to use Usabilla for Apps in your app. Usabilla for Apps will work for you if your app meets the following requirements:
- Access to Usabilla for Apps in your account. Contact us if you don't have access yet.
- Native iOS or Android app
- Minimum OS support of iOS 9.0+ or Android 4.1+
Please have a look here for more information about the technical requirements.
2. Getting to know the product
Now that we have established that Usabilla for Apps is suitable for your application, it's time to get familiar with Usabilla for Apps. We will give you a quick tour through the product. Usabilla for Apps provides you with an overview of all incoming feedback items, a dashboard and a setup page in which you can create and edit your feedback forms.
After your developers implemented the feedback form into your app, into your app, you can manage your Usabilla for Apps implementation through the following pages:
- The dashboard will allow you to see aggregated results for your feedback items. This allows you to keep an overview of your feedback at glance. Please find more information about the dashboard here.
- The feedback page will enable you to manage your actual feedback items. Read your feedback items, label them for further progressing or take a .csv export to further analyze your results. Please find more information here.
- The setup page is the page where you build and manage your feedback forms. After implementation of your form, this page will allow you to change the questions in your app, without making changes to your app's code. Since we will also use this page for the initial setup of the form, we will take a deeper look at this page.
3. Setting up your feedback form
When implementing Usabilla into your app, your developer will add an element that calls a specific feedback form. This element can be a menu item or for instance a button which triggers the form as soon as the user clicks it.
In your Usabilla for Apps account, you will create the feedback form on your end. After creating the feedback form, you will receive an App ID, which your developer will need to implement the form.
Setting up the feedback form can be done by navigating to the setup page and then clicking New App at the top right of the screen. This will open the form editor in which you can simply add in the questions that you would like to use. Please find more information on using the form editor here.
After creating your form, you will be able to preview the form using the Usabilla preview app. The preview app can be found in the App Store or the Google Play store. Download the app and navigate to the installation page of your feedback form. The installation page can be accessed from the setup page by click your app and then clicking "Install" at the mid-right.
Scan the QR code on the next page to preview your form.
4. Implement the SDK
Once your form is ready, it is time to implement the form into your app. The implementation of your form will require your developer to implement the Usabilla for Apps SDKs as specified in our documentation:
On these pages, your developers will be able to find instructions as well as the latest versions of the code.
Clarification on what can and must be done by your developers can be found in our non-technical Usabilla for Apps implementation guide.
After the implementation, you are all set up and ready to collect user feedback. Any questions? Feel free to reach out to us.