With targeted in-app campaigns you can actively ask a specific group of users for feedback, without them leaving your app. This handy guide will help you set up a campaign in Usabilla for Apps. For more technical info about our SDKs, please refer to our Github page.
In this guide we will cover the following topics:
- Start the setup
- Configure a new app or select an existing app
- Customize the campaign
- Setup the targeting options
What do you need:
- A Usabilla account with access to Usabilla for Apps
- A drink of your choice
Note: If you don't have access to Usabilla for Apps, contact your Customer Success Manager or get in touch.
Let's set it up!
- In the Apps Campaign Overview page select 'New Campaign'
- Give your new campaign a name
In the next step, we will decide inside which app(s) your new campaign should be shown. You can either choose 'Create New App' if you don't have an app configured yet. Or, if you've already configured one or more apps, simply select them from the list.
How is a new campaign connected to my app?
Each app created in the Usabilla interface has its own unique ‘app ID’, when creating a campaign you first select the app(s) it will be connected to. You can select various apps (which have their own app ID), meaning the same campaign will run inside each one of these apps.
- Give a name to your new app and click 'Create'
- Select the app(s) you want to run your campaign inside and click 'Next'
- Customize the form and its content (questions) to your liking
Tip: Have a look at the advanced settings by clicking 'Advanced' to view and configure all the customization options that are available through our web interface.
- Define your target options - which users should see the campaign and when should they see it. Save your campaign by clicking 'Save'
After saving the campaign you can preview it using the Usabilla Preview app. Download it through the app or Google Play store and scan the QR code on the screen.
Tip: Install the Usabilla Preview app if you haven't already, scan the QR code above and let us know what you think of this article. We always appreciate your feedback!
Well Done! You've finished our guide for in-app campaigns. Now, accept this virtual trophy, set up some surveys, and wait for those 5-star ratings to come rolling in!