If you're using Trello as your project management tool, you can take your feedback management to the next level by integrating Usabilla. For this integration, we'll be using Webhooks by Zapier to retrieve feedback from your Usabilla account and send it to your Trello account. When this is set up, new feedback items will be pushed to Trello and a card, list or board will be created. With every card, list or board that is created, you can customize which of the elements of your feedback form will be included.
This guide consists of two parts:
What do you need:
- A Usabilla account with an Administrator/Power User role
- A configured feedback button & form
- A Zapier account
- A Trello account
Set up Webhook by Zapier
We'll start by setting up the web hook in Zapier. The part of the integration will create a webhook to which new Usabilla feedback items can be sent.
1. Log into your Zapier account.
2. Click on: 'Make a Zap!'.
3. Select/Search for 'Webhooks'.
4. Select: 'Catch Hook' and 'Save + Continue'.
5. Configure 'Pick off a Child Key' if you want to (optional) and click 'Continue'.
6. In the next screen, you will be asked to test the Webhook. The URL you see here is the URL of your custom Webhook, click on 'Copy to clipboard'.
7. Login to your Usabilla account.
Tip: If you're logged into Usabilla, click here and continue to step 10.
8. Navigate to your Account Settings.
9. Open the Live Integrations tab.
10. Select Zapier from the integrations.
11. Select the button you would like to use for this integration.
Note: You can only set up one Zapier integration per Usabilla Feedback button. You can, however, set up multiple integrations as soon as you use another Usabilla Feedback button.
12. Specify when the feedback items should be pushed to Zapier.
13. Paste your custom Webhook URL, which you've copied, in the URL field.
14. Check the 'Enable' box and click 'Save'.
15. Switch back to Zapier and click 'OK, I did this'. Zapier will test your Webhook in this step and if it's successful you will see:
16. Click 'Continue'.
Set up Trello in Zapier
How are you doing? Feeling strong? Nice! We're almost there. Let's continue with the Trello part of the integration. Now that you have The Usabilla feedback available in Zapier we'll need configure the Zap to forward any feedback to Trello.
17. Select/Search for Trello.
18. Select what action Trello should perform when feedback is given and click 'Save + Continue'.
19. Select or connect your Trello account and click 'Continue'.
20. Set up the template for Trello, customize how your feedback will be displayed in Trello.
Note: Depending on the action you've chosen for Trello in step 18, this step will look different. For example, if you've selected create a new card for every feedback item, Trello will ask on which board you want the card to be added.
Tip: This is the 'Insert a field' icon. Click on it to see a list of the elements that are in your feedback form and select which elements you want to have pushed through to Trello.
21. After you've customized the template and you feel good about it, hit 'Continue'.
22. In the last, but certainly not least, step, the Trello part of the Webhook will be tested. Click 'Test & Continue'. After a successful test you'll see the same message as the previous test:
Click 'Finish' to complete this Zap and click 'See it on your Dashboard' to return to your Zapier dashboard.
Well Done: Feel free to leave feedback on the button you've linked to Trello to test the integration and see how feedback comes in.